Eco housing In Petrovatadin consists of 13 single-family houses and an urban hub. Each house is distinguished with an elongated floor plan, where the top floor overlaps, covering the terrace, entrance and parking space, as well as shading the south façade. Project implements ecological solutions.
Each house is intended to be for single family, and creating complex of independent houses ( one lot- one house). Houses are sorted in 3 types. Type A 150m2 type B 200m2 type C 250m2 .
The types of houses are arranged on the lots so that the size of the house corresponds to the size of the lot, which gives the urban setting a dynamic character.
Each type of house is characterized by an elongated geometry and floor dimensions larger than the ground floor dimensions, so that it covers the terrace and parking space, protects the southern facade and covers the parking spaces in front of the house. The geometry is orthogonal.
The urban hub is located on the first and largest lot, has two floors and has a flat roof. In terms of design, the building is in line with family houses. The floors are divided into 2 lamellas, with elongated dimensions, placed in the same direction as the houses, which resembles their geometry and indicates that they are parts of the same complex. Around the building there are free paved and green areas, horticulturally arranged, with the necessary furniture and the present effect of water that “spreads” from here and passes through all the other plots, creating microambients of special quality and importance, rich in microflora
Way of achieving energy efficiency
– The houses are positioned so that favorable sunlight is achieved
– The direction of the houses is such that adequate ventilation of both the courtyard and the interior spaces of the buildings is ensured
– The dominant southern facade of the ground floor is obscured by a part of the floor that is left in relation to the ground floor
– The floor covers the terrace area intended for sitting, as well as the area intended for parking – shade is provided
– Facade design elements – movable shutters, at the same time represent protection from solar radiation
– The effect of greenness – affects the creation of a more favorable microclimate, the formation of shade and lowering of temperature
– The effect of water – affects the creation of a more favorable microclimate
– Covered micro-ambients in the back part of the yard, next to the water and green areas
– Solar collectors on the roof that can be used water heating and producing electricity
– Transparent solar collectors with microscopic organic molecules that absorb wavelengths of light invisible to the human eye, allowing visible light to pass through. Photovoltaic material is placed on the inside of the glass facade in certain parts of the house.
– Geothermal energy and heat pumps for heating and cooling buildings.
– Collecting rainwater from the surface of the roof enables additional water supply to the building as well as the use of collected water to form micro-ambients dominated by the effect of water. Collected water has a technical use and can be used as hygienic water for flushing toilets and watering roof gardens. It is carried out by a special water system separate from drinking water. In the area of Petrovaradin, an average of 578 mm of precipitation falls annually, and the number of days with precipitation is 122.
– Oblo living – smart systems for managing technical equipment and built-in systems.
– Green roof terraces – landscape urban element
– Cassette green roofs – reduce the heating of the building and in the case of their application, the temperature inside the building can be reduced by 3-5oC.
– Vines on pergolas and along fences
– Plants that generally have a favorable effect on the microclimate and are not frequent allergens
– Cultivation of herbs and edible plants
– Biological pool / channel – The zone covered by plants can make up about 30 to 50% of the channel. From the part of the swimming pool, the water is carried by a natural fall through overflow channels to the pool area / regeneration channel. In the regeneration zone, water purification is performed by various above- and below-water plants. Carefully selected plants take nutrients from the water, which are released by microorganisms during the process of decomposition of harmful germs and organic substances. Also, gravel was placed, which acts as a filter for additional water purification